The Caya contoured diaphragm was built in collaboration with the feedback from women across five countries, resulting and a completely revolutionary, detail oriented product.
The one-size-fits-most feature is the most striking difference in the Caya contoured diaphragm, as well as grip dimples, the removal dome, and the anatomically shaped rim.
Made in Germany
100% medical grade silicone
measurements: 67mm x 75mm
Fitting no longer necessary!
Caya contoured diaphragm accomodates a range of cervical sizes.
+ Rim: provides stability and helps guide the Caya deep into the vagina as the woman pushes on the anterior edge.
+ Grip dimples: orient the woman's fingers and provide a tactile cue for where to hold and squeeze the rim.
+ Removal dome: allows for easy removal; a woman's finger can fit under or over the dome to remove the device.
+ Silicone membrane: extremely thin, covering the cervix completely.
+ Unobtrusive during sexual intercourse.
+ Flattened front: reduces pressure on the urethra.
+ Caya - safety, ease of use and comfort have been demonstrated by clinical studies.
The Caya contoured diaphragm is designed for women looking for a more natural method of contraception.
It is particularly suitable:
- if hormone-free contraception is preferred or necessary for health reasons
- if IUDs are undesirable or contraindicated
- when breast feeding
- when continuous contraception is not required
- if either partner has a latex/rubber allergy
- when spacing pregnancies
- in combination with natural contraceptive practices (e.g. symptothermal method)
How does the Caya contoured diaphragm work?
- Inserted into the vagina like a tampon
- Lies between the posterior fornix and retropubic recess
- Covers the cervix completely
- Acts as a mechanical barrier, preventing sperm from entering the uterus
- Caya® should always be used with a contraceptive gel
Caya contoured diaphragm is:
- One size fits most women
- Easy to use
- No side effects from the diaphragm
- Only used when necessary
- Unobtrusive during sexual intercourse
- Shaped to fit the female anatomy
- Ecologically friendly
- can be used for up to two years
- Does not interfere with the sexual pleasure of either partner
- Within six weeks post-partum
- If previously a diaphragm of size 55, 60, 85, 90 or 95mm has been used
- Acute or chronic recurrent urinary tract infections
- Severe uterine and vaginal prolapse
- Cystocele with loss of the retropubic recess in the vagina
- Small or absent retropubic recess
The contraceptive diaphragm should be thoroughly washed after use and stored dry in its case but it's also recommended to clean it again just prior to use.
Illustrated leaflet, plus instructional DVD, included with each Caya contoured diaphragm box.
It MUST be used with a spermicide!
Go to the spermicides we have on sale clicking here
Look at the video to see the animated video of the Caya diaphragm