Milex Omniflex Diaphragm is a silicone (latex free) diaphragm with wide seal technology.
It has a distortion-free spring that provides arc no matter where the rim is compressed, providing increased suction for added protection.
It has a small skirt around the rim intended to hold gel in place and improve the seal.
Available in 7 diameter sizes, from 60 to 90mm, in 5mm increments: 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90 mm diameter.
Sizing must be determined by your Doctor or Gynaecologist.
Milex Wide Seal Omniflex Diaphragm MUST be used with a spermicide.
It should be thoroughly washed after use and stored dry in its case.
It's also recommended to clean it again just prior to use.
Milex Wide Seal Omniflex Diaphragm Key Points:
Avoids latex allergy
Sterilizable, can be boiled or autoclaved
Broad rim with lip keeps gel inside diaphragm and keeps tight fit
Storage box included
Fitting And Using Diaphragms
Women should be fitted with the largest comfortable size. To use a diaphragm, a woman's vagina must be able to hold it in place. After you are fitted, you will be shown how to insert and remove the diaphragm. You also will learn how to check if it is placed properly.
You will need to be refitted if:
- You gain or lose 10 pounds or more
- You have pelvic surgery
- You give birth or have an abortion
- You have repeated urinary tract infections
- You or your partner feel pain or pressure during sex
We supply these diaphragms on the understanding that you, as our customer, are not our patient for whom we take responsibility for verifying the correct diaphragm size or instructing on correct use. The correct size MUST be established by your Doctor or Gynaecologist.
- The correct size of diaphragm for you must be established by your regular sexual health advisor.
- Insert diaphragm with spermicide before intercourse.
- Apply more spermicide before additional acts of intercourse.
- Leave the diaphragm in place for at least six hours after intercourse.
- Do not wear for more than 24 hours
Remember, for the purpose of contraception you need only use barrier contraceptives during your Fertility Window, the 6-8 days per cycle when intercourse could lead to pregnancy.